November 30, 2008

Super Sanakoro Sofa de Kérouané

There is not a lot I can tell you about orchestre Super Sanankoro Sofa. They used to be called "Sankaran Jazz" (writes Graeme Counsel). And they are from Kérouané.

Here is a concert (in seven parts) by this orchestra. I suspect it is recorded in Kérouané itself. The recording is from Guinean television from the late 1980s.

In addition to this, here is recording from a concert in the Palais du Peuple, Conakry. The occasion was the thirtieth anniversary of Guinean independance (proclaimed on October 2, 1958 - more here).

I am only embedding the first of these seven parts (I warn you though: this is the tamest part!). You can either follow the links on YouTube (beneath the videos), or used the links below to see the other parts.
Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7
EDIT April 12, 2015: I have replaced the link to the 1988 radio concert.

No comments: