September 01, 2010

Challenges

I have - again - been hit by a sudden interruption of service on the part of the network provider. The problem appears to have been solved, so I hope to get back to posting tomorrow.

These challenges are slowly getting the better of me and are increasing my desire to be off and away. But I still have four weeks to go until I can do that....

Anyway, I will see what I can do to compensate for time lost.

As an appetizer here is a single by Orchestre Poly-Rythmo. I especially like the B-side: a version of "Que No Muera El Son", another multi-covered Cuban classic. I am not sure, but I think it was first performed by Cheo Marquetti. The song was also covered by Franco in the 1960s. I just love these mumbled gobbledygook-hispano tracks...

Polydisco PD.03

6 comments:

oro said...

Thank you for this first Poly-Rythmo on Worldservive. (enfin...) best regards

Jaime said...

This is simply... Amazing! Thanx! Benin oldies are always most welcome. Can't wait to hear this.

Kostas from Greece said...

Thank you for this excellent disc...
I don't believe you want to leave us...please,stay on.
Thanks for all!!!

WrldServ said...

@Kostas: I think you misunderstood. I was referring to my holiday at the end of this month....

Anonymous said...

@Stefan,

Thanks for the fantastic music, if you wouldn't have clarified I would have asked for a clarification. Anyway, thanks for the great music you always post and the unique and deep insight that always accompanies the same.

Ed

Kostas from Greece said...

O.k. my friend,I feel better now...
Wishes from now,sorry for my English...
All the best!!!